Thursday, November 20, 2008

Over Extended

I have found myself "craft" overextended. I could not get my 12 Days of Christmas gifts finished and have dropped out of the swap.

Why is it that crafting time is so limited compared to day job time?

Round 2 of the CQ Round Robin has begun. All the blocks were mailed to the 2nd round stitcher on Nov. 15. I received mine yesterday, it is just beautiful. I hope to do some stitching on it this weekend but might have to wait until after Thanksgiving. Lots to do to get ready for holiday travel.

Happy Stitching
Jody

3 comments:

Donna said...

I'm sorry you had to drop out, your work is so pretty. I hate that you won't have packages to open with us.

JodyC said...

Thanks everythingquilts, I was hesitant to join this swap in the beginning. I should have gone with my instincts. Our house is still being remodeled, so I am living in a townhouse, limiting my sewing/crafting space. And I knew when I signed up I'd be busy the month of November working on the final details for my parents 50th Anniversary party. I am looking at this as I have to take care of priorities/family.

I am making a "Well Wishes/Guesbook" for the anniversary party. I'll post photos when I'm done. It is a "tag" book, people can write their wishes to my parents and the tags tuck into pockets between the pages of the book. There are quotes on the pages then after the party photos from the party will go on some of the pages.

I will be watching the posts to see what beautiful things you all made.

Donna said...

That sounds like a great idea. I know your parents will love it. 50 yrs WOW, that's wonderful. Wish you all the best for the Holiday season!