Saturday, November 15, 2008

Crazy Quilting Round Robin

Round 1 of the HGTV Crazy Quilting Round Robin ended today. All blocks have been sent on to the next person. I have never participated in a Round Robin until this one. So far it has been great fun, great way to get your creativity going.

Each person created a blank crazy quilt block at least 18" wide/long but not more than 24" wide/long. Lots of "Creative" space to stitch/embellish. I'm wondering if it gets easier as the blocks have more on them or harder coming up with embellishments/stitches that go with the other people's work.

The HGTV CQ group is GREAT!!! This group encourages every one to participate, no matter what you skill level. Everyone that signs up knows there will be a range of skill level stitching on their block. I find this very inspiring, you can always learn from seeing someone elses work.

In the rules you are only allowed to post two sneak peeks of the block you are working on. So there will be lots of surprises when the finished block returns to its owner.

Here is one of my sneek peaks from the block I was working on. This block was pieced/belongs to Nickilee - CQer and Lace Dyeing Expert.



I'll be getting my second block sometime next week.

Back to finishing my 12 Days of Christmas swap gifts. I have the weekend to finish them, deadline is next Friday (have to be received) so I need to allow some shipping time.

Happy Stitching
Jody

4 comments:

Susan said...

Very enticing sneak peek! You did a great job. What a fun round robin. In my opinion, it's easy from the start to about 2/3 of the way through. Then it starts to get hard!

JodyC said...

Thank you Susan, it was a fun block to stitch on. Such pretty fabric it was hard to choose just a few sections. It may get harder as the RR goes on, it will go through April 2009. By the time the Feb., Mar., Apr. blocks get around they might be crowed and hard to decide what to stitch.

Thanks again, enjoy your travels, I looked at your web site.

Jody

Donna said...

I can't see it. I hate when that happens.

JodyC said...

everythingquits, can you see any of the photos on my blog? I wonder why this happens, I'll post the question to blogger tech support.

Hoping to update the crazyquilting wiki CQRR pages right after Thanksgiving. Then each person in the RR will have a page and sneak peeks for each person posted on their own page. With id as to who stitched which sneak peeks.