Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Happy After Thanksgiving and Preparing for a Merry Christmas

WOW!!! Thanksgiving is over...it was a BLAST.  Spent the weekend with my family, we had a 45 person sit down Thanksgiving Dinner. On Sat. we had a 50th Wedding Anniversary party for my parents. It was a wonderful party, great seeing family and friends. Back home on Sun. completely exhausted, finally feeling rested today.

A first for me I put my Christmas tree up last night. I have never had my Christmas tree up by Dec. 2nd. It is very cute, decorated with lights, gold/pearl garland (need a couple more strands), and my 6 ornaments from Nickilee's CQ ornament swap.




This week, better get going it is Wed. already, stitching on OJM CQ RR block, updating the cqwiki with two NEW lessons and RR Photos, AND my own CQ Ornaments that I need to make for gifts.

Enjoy the rest of the week, I'm off to work...this day job business really disrupts my crafting/blogging time.

Happy Stitching

4 comments:

Donna said...

WOW, sounds like you'll had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I would love to have a family that size. My family members seem to have all passed away at a young age. Thank goodness me and my siblings are still hanging on. I'm hoping we don't follow in all their footsteps. I'm very thankful for the family I have. Congratulations to your parents wedding anniversary. 50 years, wow, I haven't even lived that long. Aren't the ornaments just gorgeous. I had to put my tree up, I was anxious to see all the different ornaments on my tree. I only used homemade ornaments this year, and it looks so good in person, pics just didn't capture the beauty of it. Hope you have a Merry Christmas as well, Hugs, Donna

NickiLee said...

Jody it sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and that your parents had a nice Anniversary - you must be thrilled that all the planning and work is done.

I hope you like the CQ ornaments you received - all of them were so cute and I have to tell you.... I ended up keeping the cute little shabby green & pink mitten you sent in - perfect for my shabby chic decorations. All of your mitten were absolutely beautiful!

JodyC said...

Nicki, Yes the anniversary party was a success a lot of fun, my parents loved it.

But now on to Christmas....

JodyC said...

My brain must have been gone when I left my last comment...Nicki, I LOVED the CQ ornaments I received from the swap. They are on my Christmas tree. Due to our limited living space, we have a 4.5' artificial tree. I have a couple strands of lights, pretty gold/pearl garland, gold star on top, and my 6 CQ ornaments from the swap. It is a very cute tree.