Monday, March 02, 2009

Making Progress


I am making some progress on my swaps, challenges, classes etc. Wed., Feb. 25 was the start of Sharon Boggon's CQ Encrusted class offered through Joggles.

Lesson one was about color and piecing a CQ block. I hope to piece two blocks for the class, I have one finished. The lace and heart are just pinned in place for now, may change my mind as we start embellishing the seams.

I really like the print fabric but didn't have fabric in the correct shade of blue, so I dyed a piece of white dupioni silk to the shade of blue I needed for this block. I think it worked well.

I found a nice size piece of white dupioni silk in the remnant bin at JoAnn's. I check out the bin every time I'm at JoAnn's and often find pieces of dupioni silk in the remnant bin.

I finished piecing my Mermaid block, I need to applique a couple of seashells silkies onto it and maybe a few stitches before I send it off on it's RR adventure.

Still haven't started on my COF FQ or t-Shirt Challenge...soon!!!

No comments: