Thursday, December 11, 2008

Preparing for Christmas

Well as some people know we are remodeling our house. We have been living in a townhouse since Mid. Aug. The exterior of our house is in pretty good shape, but the interior is another story. Here are pics of our house before and our house now.




Our House before remodeling started



Our house now during remodeling.

What does this have to do with getting ready for Christmas? For the past several years I have switched from making Cookies to making candy. I really do enjoy making candy for the holiday: English Toffee, peanut brittle, caramels, chocolate covered cherries, and more!!!

Well, instead of working in my big kitchen with stainless steel counters and all of my kitchen tools, I am working in a small kitchen, very limited counter space and minimal kitchen tools. I plan to do what I can in my limited space,  just hope everything turns out. If not my excuse will be my house is under construction!!!

Merry Christmas to all that celebrate this holiday. May all of your wishes come true this magical season.

2 comments:

Donna said...

WOW, your home is looking amazing. What a difference in the style and look. I bet you can't wait to have all that extra room, Congratulations!

JodyC said...

Thank you, yes it is a very different style. I can't wait for it to be finished, I'll have a 19' x 29' craft room with skylights, two big windows, and a slider to the back yard. But it will be March before we'll be back in the house.

I'm sure there will be no progress before the holidays. I'll post interior photos when there is interior to photograph.