Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mermaid progress and moving back to the house


I am finished with my round of Kathy's mermaid block. I will be mailing it on to Carolyn.

I used silk roving to create seaweed mermaid hair. Used silk ribbon to embroider flowers with bead centers. Then added sea shells and pearls.

To the right of the mermaid I couched seaweed fibers and stitched beaded feather stitches.

On to Therica's mermaid block. I will be the second person to stitch on Therica's block, Kathy started it off with some amazing stitching/embellishing. I'll post a photo when I do some work on it.



We are planning on moving back to our house this weekend. The remodel is not finished but the bedrooms are finished so we can live in the house. We will have bedrooms, kitchen, and family room for living space. It will be good to be back in the house, our Pups will have their back yard to play in and we will have a little more living space then we have in the townhouse.

Happy Memioral Day weekend to everyone.

No comments: