Monday, May 11, 2009

How Time Flys!!!!

COF was WONDERFUL all that I hoped it would be and more. I had the honor of spending 5 days in the company of 69 VERY talented and creative women. It is a wonder the committee was able to find a room large enough to hold all of that talent. I met and made some wonderful friends.


Along with the COF Retreat activities the Mermaid group got together for a little bit to share our work so far. I have been working on Kathy's Mermaid block. I have a bit more to do, but I made progress this past weekend.

I couched slik roving to create seaweed/hair and added treasures from the Sea. I will be adding some stitching and beads before sending Kathy's block off to Carolyn

Carolyn was the first person to work on my block. She painted a beautiful tail on my mermaid. Kathi posted a photo of my block on her blog - Thank You.


I finished the last round of the HGTV CQ RR. I will be mailing the finished block off to MsBananas/Tammy, tomorrow. She should have it by the end of the week. I've done a little more work on my CQ Encrusted Class block. I hope to get back to it in the next few weeks.

Along with my Crazy Quilting projects, I am trying to finish my first Art Journal Quilt by the end of May. I have the idea, fabric pressed and ready to sew. I have some images etc. ready. I am trying to print on fabric using Golden's "Digital Grounds" product. I did try printing an image on fabric after treating it with "Digital Grounds". It worked, but I should have printed it on lighter colored fabric. I quickly rinsed the fabric, most of the ink washed out I have a plan to reprint the image. I will post photos as soon as I have something printed.

I read about Digital Grounds on
Gail Schmidt's blog. She is offering a workshop on using Digital Grounds.

I should have some good stitching time in the next couple of weeks - the Red Wings and the Blackhawks are both still in the Stanley Cup playoffs - I have to say "GO WINGS"!!!!!

3 comments:

Kathi said...

Jody...the Mermaid is looking good! Love the roving idea. I will be looking for your Digital Effects pics and info. I hadn't heard of this before you mentioned it.
I miss the retreat world!!

bingo~bonnie said...

Hey Jody! :) I had a wonderful time at our retrat last month in NH too :) and really enjoyed talking with you. I so wish we could all go back (like next month) looking at all the photos makes me miss the wonderufl time I had there with all of you... ;) I'm sure you feel the same.

I remember at the B&B you talkign and telling me about how Carolyn painted the tail onto your mermaid... and so wished I could have seen it... but that was on Monday and most people were gone...

However tonight I clicked over to Kathi's blog and saw the photo and WOW!~ That looks AMAZING!!! If it's that awesome in the photo I know it is simply breath taking in person. Again WOW she did a great job painting it - perfect!

Lucky for you, she was the 1st person to recive your block and knew just what to do. ;) I know you will be so happy with the end result of this swap ;)

Love from Texas! ~bonnie

JodyC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.