Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Making Progress...One Step Forward...Two Steps Back

How can that be progress? In 16 days I leave for my first ever Stitching/Quilting Retreat. On April 23rd I will be attending the HGTV COF Retreat in Manchester, NH. There are a few projects, challenges, and some pre retreat homework.

I have started my FQ Challenge, will finish it this weekend. Have ideas for my "What State You Are From" T-Shirt. I'll start assembling it this week. I have collected and bagged my FQs for Bingo. My retreat group project "Homework" is finished. I've started packing supplies for the classes I will be taking at the retreat.

Two Steps Backward....well I am making progress on my COF stuff, but have fallen way behind on the 6th Round of the HGTV CQ RR. Need to finish my stitching so I am ready to send Alex's block on to Ms Bananas on April 15th. Good thing my taxes are done!!!

Mermaid block, I've had for three weeks now. I have started stitching on Kathy's mermaid block. Lots of ideas just need some time to stitch.

Ok...getting away from this computer to do a little more stitching tonight.

Happy Stitching

3 comments:

Donna said...

Hey Jodi, thought I stop by and tell you none of my projects weren't difficult ones. I don't work out of my home so I have more free time then most. I'm looking forward to meeting you at the retreat and I know we will all have a blast. I know what you meant about getting behind, I done the one block swap last year and I put more hours in that one block then I do making a whole quilt. CQ is more difficult then I had anticipated it to be.
See you soon,
Donna

tisme said...

I am behind too!! I finally finished my retreat challenge piece, not thrilled with it, but at least it is done.
T-shirt, not even started, although I have the plan sketched out.
I am seriously considering taking an extra vacation day next week to get ready!! Either that, or I will be up all night Wednesday getting ready to go.
Tammy

JodyC said...

My Bingo FQs are packed and everything else is just "started"...need to FINISH something!! Trying to be productive tonight, working on my t-shirt.