Sunday, August 09, 2009

Summer Stitching and County Fair

Pretty in Pink - my deck garden - Pink Cosmos and Bee Balm
We've had humming birds and this beautiful butterfly visiting our deck.



Our County Fair was the last week in July. I entered a small CQ block, winning first place by default. I do like the block, fun colors to work with.





The HGTV Annual One Block Swap ended on Aug. 1st. Completed blocks were mailed to arrive on Aug. 1st. This is the block I made for LadyJ66.




Gonesewin made my favorite things block. She is new to CQing but you wouldn't know it looking at this block.











The completed blocks are posted on the CQ Wiki: HGTV Favorite Things One Block Swap. Enjoy the "Eye Candy". Forty-Nine "Crazy Ladies" out did themselves creating these blocks.

Finishing my stitching on Therica's mermaid block, should have photos to post this week.

New Blog!!! I found this very cool blog "Shabby chic Papirskatter". The creator posts downloadable vintage images to be used for scrapbooking, card making, collage, etc. Everyday she posts a new image. I've downloaded all that she has posted so far, can't wait to print some on silk for crazy quilting or use Digital Grounds and print on other fabric/paper.

2 comments:

Judy S. said...

Hi Jody,
I found your blog from your comment on Kathy's. You must live rather near our DD#1 who is on Sylvan Lake and went to the same fair where you won ribbons. Congrats on that! Also Pat has a pattern for those puzzle pieces either on her blog or else on the Pieces of Friendship one. Try them; they're fun if you don't mind working within a small space.

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

Beautiful CQ and congrats on your winning blue ribbons!!!! Email me for puzzle piece...no problem.
Hugs,Pat