Thursday, October 02, 2008

My CQ News

I have finished embellishing my CQ Mitten Ornaments, for the HGTV CQ Ornament Swap. Just need to "finish finish" them. Backing, hanger, and fur cuff.

I received my CQ Embellishments Swap package today. WOW WOW WOW!!! This is the first time I have participated in this swap. I passed on this swap last Nov. because I didn't think I could meet the deadline. When I saw all the pictures I was "kicking" myself to not playing. So when the signups were posted I JUMPED RIGHT IN!!! I created 10 baggies to swap and 17 surprises, in return I received 10 different baggies and 17 different surprises. The box was HUGE and the baggies "stuffed". I won't have to CQ supply shop for a LONG time.

Leading up to perfect timing for the CQ RR that begins on Oct. 15 when a group of 40 women each send their "naked" cq block to another person in their group who begin embellishing the CQ block. Another CQ Event FIRST for me. I have never been in a round robin but I can't wait to see the beautiful work as it progresses. Photos are being posted on CQwiki.

Need to get my CQ RR block pieced, need to be ready to mail on Oct. 15.

No comments: